Just 2 weeks until the Sleeping Giant hike! Hike organizers Lynn, Deanna, and Kathy are looking forward to seeing you there!
|Date:||Sunday, September 4, 2022|
|Start time:||Check-in is from 8:30-9am.|
|Location:||Meet in the parking area near the park kiosk at Sleeping Giant State Park in Hamden, CT. The address is 200 Mount Carmel Ave. For Google Map directions to the parking lot, click here.|
Meet in the parking lot between 8:30-9AM. There is a $10/vehicle parking fee for any vehicles not registered in Connecticut.
There are 3 hikes/routes to choose from.
|Est. finish time:||The hike will end around 3 pm. back at the starting point.|
|Lodging:||If you are coming from a distance and looking for a place to stay in Hamden, try the Clarion Hotel & Suites. 2260 Whitney Ave. Hamden CT 203-288-3831. Hamden also hosts a number of restaurants - everything from fine dining at Luce to hot dogs at Glenwood. Also, check out the three microbreweries in town.|
What to bring
- comfortable, loose-fitting hiking clothing, not made of cotton
- waterproof shell or windbreaker
- wool or synthetic sweater (if it is chilly)
- good walking/hiking shoes or boots (unless you are one of the brave barefoot hikers!)
Food & water
- 1 quart of water
- A lunch and snacks for the trail
Other items you may want to consider
- $10 to park if in a non-CT car
- cell phone
- personal first aid supplies – aspirin, band-aids
- bug repellent, just in case
- trekking poles or hiking sticks
Wear your HIKE for Mental Health Shirts if you have them!FUNDRAISING_PARAGRAPH
That's about it. If you have any questions at all, please ask. Lynn, Deanna and Kathy will be your hike leaders. You can reach Lynne via her cell phone at (203) 605-4277 with any questions the morning of the hike.
Thank you for being part of the hike and for helping raise $$$ and awareness to help eliminate the suffering from mental illness and the stigma that surrounds it.
HIKE for Mental Health
Hikes that bring hope.