Co-founder of HIKE for Mental Health Tom Kennedy has read just about every book he can find about the Appalachian Trail. Here he shares some of his favorites.
- The Barefoot Sisters – Southbound – An Adventure on the Appalachian Trail, by Lucy and Susan Letcher
- By far one of the two best books I have read about hiking on the AT. If you are only going to read one book, make it this one. You will not be disappointed.
- When I began reading these books I finished Southbound and immediately started reading this second one. Then when I finished Walking Home, I picked up Southbound and read that again. When I was done with that, I again read Walking Home. I really like these books.
- The story of Jennifer Phar Davis’s first thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail, before she set the speed thru-hiking record in 2011 and was named a National Geographic Adventurer of the Year for 2012. A great book by a cool person.
- A tremendous book by the first person to thru-hike the entire AT.
- A great read by a very funny guy.
- A psychological and emotional guide to thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail.