Team California Rocks a Great Hike and Raises $2,500
Our first HIKE for Mental Health in California was a smashing success! Many thanks go to volunteer hike organizer Laura Skorich and to the 22 hikers who joined her at the Placerita Canyon Nature Center on June 1.
Thanks, too, the many supporter and sponsors of the hike, including both those who made donations to HIKE for Mental Health on behalf of the hikers as well as those who donated prizes for the hikers.
The hike raised more than $2,500. 80% of money raised will help fund scientific research to alleviate suffering from major mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, bipolar spectrum disorders, depression, and PTSD. The remaining 20% helps maintain wilderness hiking trails across the country.
Fourteen in ’14 program grows
Laura’s hike made California the ninth state to host a HIKE for Mental Health in 2014.
Our “Fourteen in ’14” program targets a total of 14 states to host hikes this year.
With Georgia recently joining the list, only four more states are needed to reach the goal, so if you can an interest in organizing a hike for us in your state, please let know.
And thanks again to Laura, the hikers and their sponsors! Looking forward to next year’s hike!
Scroll down to see the full photo gallery from the Placerita Canyon hike.
Team California Rocks a Great Hike and Raises $2,500 — No Comments
HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>