The largest blazed white oak tree on the Appalachian Trail. Gorgeous views of the Harlem Valley from Cat Rocks. An autumn trek across the Great Swamp. These sights and more will be yours on this amazing 3.5 mile hike, co-sponsored by the Harlem Valley Appalachian Trail Community (HVATC).
We will meet at Native Landscapes, 991 Route 22 in Pawling, NY, at 10 a.m. and carpool to the Dover Oak. The hike will follow the Appalachian Trail southbound for views of the Harlem Valley from Cat Rocks, then turn back to cross the 1,600 foot boardwalk through the Great Swamp before ending near the Metro-North Appalachian Trail station on Route 22.
As always, we will stop along the way for snack and rest breaks as we enjoy meeting friends, old and new.
There is no fee to register and first-time hikers are welcome.
BONUS: All registered hikers who raise $200 or more in sponsorships for this hike will receive a quick-dry HIKE for Mental Health hiking shirt.
80% of the funds raised from sponsorships from this hike will go to support scientific research into causes, treatments and cures for major mental illness such as PTSD, schizophrenia, bipolar spectrum disorders, and depression. The remaining 20% of money raised will go to the New York New Jersey Trail Conference to help maintain our wilderness trails.
So come on out and join us in Pawling on November 16!