Hi friends! Thanks for following along with my adventure!
Starting in April 2020, I will be walking from Mexico to Canada via the Pacific Crest Trail. I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to make this (nearly) lifelong dream of mine come to fruition. I will be hiking the PCT in partnership with Hike For Mental Health to help stamp out the stigma of mental illness and conserve wilderness trails.
From a young age, anxiety and depression have played a significant role in my day to day life, but since my first backpacking trip at the age of 10, the trail has stood as a kind of sanctuary for me. In the rudimentary existence that is life on the trail and with a daily goal to simply walk, I feel my most powerful. Through this hike, I hope to promote the benefits of hiking has for mental health. 80% of the support I raise will go towards research and programs dedicated to alleviating the suffering and stigma attached to mental health issues. The remaining 20% of all donations will be dedicated to the preservation of the lands that provide endless wonder and respite for so many.
Thank you in advance for making a donation, leaving a message, and sharing this page!
You can keep up with me through planning, training, and hiking on Instagram — @alone__ranger. Blog coming soon!
1 in 4 families is affected by mental illness.
HIKE for Mental Health is a recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded on the vision of a world in which everyone, including those who suffer mental illness, can find the simple joy of living.
Our mission is to alleviate the suffering of those afflicted by mental illness, eliminate the associated stigma, and foster responsible use of wilderness trails.
As an all-volunteer organization, we distribute 100% of contributions raised by our hikes.
- 80% funds scientific research to understand and treat mental illness
- 20% conserves national wilderness trails
Your donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the IRS. Thank you for your support.
To learn more, visit hikeformentalhealth.org.
To join a hike click here.