I chose to join a hike with HIKE for Mental Health to for many reasons:
- To raise awareness/funding
- To break the stigma
- To empower myself and others struggling with mental illness
- To come together as a community
- To support others
- To spread a message that is important to me and many others
Please consider making a donation! It would be greatly appreciated. If not, please spread the word through social media and worth of mouth.
1 in 4 families is affected by mental illness.
HIKE for Mental Health is a recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded on the vision of a world in which everyone, including those who suffer mental illness, can find the simple joy of living.
Our mission is to alleviate the suffering of those afflicted by mental illness, eliminate the associated stigma, and foster responsible use of wilderness trails.
As an all-volunteer organization, we distribute 100% of contributions raised by our hikes.
- 80% funds scientific research to understand and treat mental illness
- 20% conserves national wilderness trails
Your donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the IRS. Thank you for your support.
To learn more, visit hikeformentalhealth.org.
To join a hike click here.