Good morning! For the past four years, a small crew of us has been celebrating the insane shopping holiday, Black Friday, by leaving the city, getting outdoors and playing in the woods!
Last year, we hiked over six miles in McCormick’s Creek State Park in Indiana.
In 2018, we camped overnight in the Airstream and hiked in the beautiful Brown County State Park up in Indiana.
Way back in 2017, we trekked five miles in a soft, serene sheet of snow on the Elm Lick Trail in Bernheim Forest.
In our inaugural year of 2016, we donned our backpacks and knocked out the five miles of The Red Trail in Jefferson Memorial Forest.
This year, we are stepping up our game and attempting the thirteen miles of The Millennium Trail in Bernheim Forest. To make it more meaningful, we decided to join with HIKE for Mental Health to raise funds for a cause close to our hearts.
Hike for Mental Health is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to alleviating the suffering of mental illness. As an all-volunteer group, 100% of all funds raised goes towards their mission: 80% goes to the Brain & Behavior Research Foundation for grants that enable scientific research and fund programs aimed at alleviating suffering from mental illness and the remaining 20% goes to the Pacific Crest Trail Association and the Appalachian Trail Conservancy to support the preservation of wilderness trails.
We are asking that you join with our team of happy hikers by sponsoring our trek across the thirteen miles of the wilds of Bernheim Forest on Black Friday 2020! And on November 27th, watch our Facebook and Instagrams as we document our longest trek yet!
Our current roster for this Black Friday is:
1 in 4 families is affected by mental illness.
HIKE for Mental Health is a recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded on the vision of a world in which everyone, including those who suffer mental illness, can find the simple joy of living.
Our mission is to alleviate the suffering of those afflicted by mental illness, eliminate the associated stigma, and foster responsible use of wilderness trails.
As an all-volunteer organization, we distribute 100% of contributions raised by our hikes.
- 80% funds scientific research to understand and treat mental illness
- 20% conserves national wilderness trails
Your donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the IRS. Thank you for your support.
To learn more, visit hikeformentalhealth.org.
To join a hike click here.