Goal: 30.0 miles
1.3 miles completed
Hey everyone. I’m taking part in Hike for Mental Health’s #hikeOctober fundraiser to raise awareness regarding the importance of mental health and to help to remove the stigma around illnesses such as depression, anxiety, PTSD and other types of mental illnesses. 1 in 4 families is affected by mental illness, and that number is likely to rise due to the ongoing pandemic. 80% of the money raised goes directly toward scientific research, prevention and treatment of mental illness, and the remaining 20% is dedicated to supporting the maintenance of wilderness hiking trails. Outdoor exercise, and hiking in particular, have been linked with more positive mental outcomes. This is an issue that is near to my heart for several reasons, not the least of which are first hand experience with depression and anxiety. Please consider donating what you can. Every little bit helps. Thank you in advance!
1 in 4 families is affected by mental illness.
HIKE for Mental Health is a recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded on the vision of a world in which everyone, including those who suffer mental illness, can find the simple joy of living.
Our mission is to alleviate the suffering of those afflicted by mental illness, eliminate the associated stigma, and foster responsible use of wilderness trails.
As an all-volunteer organization, we distribute 100% of contributions raised by our hikes.
- 80% funds scientific research to understand and treat mental illness
- 20% conserves national wilderness trails
Your donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the IRS. Thank you for your support.
To learn more, visit hikeformentalhealth.org.
To join a hike click here.