Goal: 30.0 miles
0.0 miles completed
I tried this the past couple of years, and, for a variety of reasons, was not as active as I would have liked. I’m trying it again this year and getting an early start in order to give myself fewer excuses to not get out and hike. Mental health is a subject that is very close to my heart. 1 in 4 families will be affected by mental illness at some point, and most of us either know someone who has struggled with a mental illness such as anxiety, depression, or PTSD, or has firsthand experience with these disorders. I’ve personally struggled with anxiety and depression for most of my life, and have numerous friends and family members who have been similarly affected. I’m hiking to help break the stigma around mental illness and raise money and awareness for this cause. 80% of the money donated goes to fund mental health treatment and research, while the remaining 20% is used to fund wilderness trail conservation projects. Please consider making a small donation if you can! Even better, go to the Hike for Mental Health page and sign up for your own October hike to raise money for a great cause! Thank you for your time and generosity!
1 in 4 families is affected by mental illness.
HIKE for Mental Health is a recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded on the vision of a world in which everyone, including those who suffer mental illness, can find the simple joy of living.
Our mission is to alleviate the suffering of those afflicted by mental illness, eliminate the associated stigma, and foster responsible use of wilderness trails.
As an all-volunteer organization, we distribute 100% of contributions raised by our hikes.
- 80% funds scientific research to understand and treat mental illness
- 20% conserves national wilderness trails
Your donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by the IRS. Thank you for your support.
To learn more, visit hikeformentalhealth.org.
To join a hike click here.