Your hike for mental health, sponsored by Cal U's Chi Sigma Iota & Student Counseling Association, is on Sunday! Hike organizers Lacie, Angelina et al. are looking forward to seeing you there!
Here is some important information you need to prepare for the hike.
|Date:||Sunday, October 10, 2021|
|Start time:||Check-in is from 11:30am-12pm. The hike will start at 12 noon.|
|Location:||Meet in the Ferncliff trailhead parking lot, off Main Street / Mill Run Road in Dunbar, PA. For Google Map directions to the parking lot, click here.|
Meet in the parking lot between 11:30a-12p. Ferncliff Trail is a 1.7 mile loop hike that will start and end in the parking lot. We will be hiking the loop clockwise.
|Est. finish time:||The hike will end around 2 pm. back at the starting point.|
What to bring
- Dress for the weather and mobility
- comfortable, loose-fitting hiking clothing, not made of cotton
- waterproof shell or windbreaker
- good walking/hiking shoes or boots with tread (open-toed shoes NOT recommended)
Food & water
- 1 quart of water
- snacks for the trail (trail mix, granola bars, etc.)
Other items you may want to consider
- cell phone
- personal first aid supplies – aspirin, band-aids
- sun screen
- bug repellant, just in case
- trekking poles or hiking sticks
Wear your HIKE for Mental Health Shirts if you have them!FUNDRAISING_PARAGRAPH
That's about it. If you have any questions at all, please ask. You can reach Lacie Valiante at (724) 710-0772 or Angelina Cerro at (412) 722-8125 with any questions.
Thank you for being part of the hike and for helping raise $$$ and awareness to help eliminate the suffering from mental illness and the stigma that surrounds it.
HIKE for Mental Health
Hikes that bring hope.